Position Summary: Focus in the development of Call Center applications. IVR Application Developer. Develop solutions across many disciplines and be responsible for explaining solutions and procedures. Owns the user experience of Interactive Voice Response (IVR) applications, both ASR (automated speech recognition) and DTMF (touch tone). The UI Designer is responsible for ensuring that applications satisfy the user’s expectations for utility and ease of use, as well as the client’s business and branding requirements.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide technical support including troubleshooting and diagnostics to customers.
- Partner in a team environment or be able to independently design, develop, code, test and debug new software or make significant enhancements to existing IVR software of moderate complexity.
- Apply principles, theories and concepts and use methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects related to moderately complex software.
- Consult with clients on functional and branding requirements, design call flows, write prompts and User Interface specification documents, develop grammars, coach voice talents, conduct both formal and informal usability tests and perform heuristic evaluations.
- Consult with customers on VUI and ASR concepts, including call flows, grammar development, voice talent coaching, application tuning, and problem analysis.
- Assume a leadership role in devising and implementing innovative approaches to voice application design and development.
- Contribute to the development of a world class voice user interface design practice.
BASIC REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE/MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Senior level development experience in enterprise level Microsoft ASP.Net/C#/SQL Server – XML/VXML.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), including the ability to be both assertive and persuasive with clients and colleagues.
- Must have a deep understanding of branding in the IVR environment, including personal development, audio logos, and other non-verbal messaging.
- Audio production experience highly desirable.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally.
- Must have a portfolio of sample call flows, user prompts, and user interface specifications documents.
- Two to three years software engineering design experience.
- Experience with the following technologies:
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, NT, Windows 2K/XP/03.
Speech Recognition/IVR platforms: SpeechWorks/ScanSoft, Genesys GVP Network Edition.
Database Technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL.
Web Servers: Tomcat, Apache, MS IIS.
Network Technologies; VPN, Firewalls, FTP.
If you are interested in this position, please download and send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.