Know your weaknesses
The more you understand the strength of your network, the better equipped you are to improve security measures, and protect your business and your customers.
The importance of penetration testing
Penetration tests simulate real-world threats and are therefore critical to ensuring your network is protected from both internal and external threats. The security and compliance professionals at Liquid Networx begin by identifying vulnerabilities that exist in your environment through vulnerability scans. Penetration testing goes a step further in attempt to bypass any known weaknesses and exploit them so that remediation can occur.
Security intelligence and insights
Liquid Networx examines and analyzes the network security safeguards to ensure that the appropriate procedures and controls are effectively in place. Our expert methodology is designed to perform in-depth and customized security reviews to produce vital data for reducing your risk. Liquid Networx penetration testing service includes:
- Vulnerability Assessment – Automated testing evaluates specific systems and individual devices for known weaknesses.
- Penetration Testing – Using the vulnerability assessment results, our analysts attempt to use the identified security weaknesses to bypass system controls. This assists the analysts in determining how a system may be compromised and where additional safeguards are needed.
Our objective is to examine security weaknesses in the application and network infrastructure by examining the subsystems, components and security mechanisms. Highly skilled, experienced Liquid Networx analysts work with you to create the optimal test plan. We perform external and internal security testing remotely or on-site, and use a variety of tools to improve the accuracy of the test results to produce sound and actionable recommendations.
What does the process entail?
- Network Security Architecture Review
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Network and Data Collection Mapping
- Threat Model Identification
- Vulnerability Identification
- Penetration Testing
- Analysis and Reporting
What value do I receive?
- Identification of the most critical vulnerabilities that threaten the security of your external and internal defenses.
- Identification of unauthorized hosts on your network.
- Whether there are known weaknesses in your system that would allow a hacker to penetrate your perimeter and gain access to your data.
- Training how to prioritize your vulnerabilities and create a plan for improvement.
Penetration Testing for PCI Compliance
For customers seeking regulatory compliance, Liquid Networx provides a penetration test as part of a comprehensive compliance assessment or as a standalone service to satisfy PCI DSS Requirement 11.3*. If you are making significant infrastructure changes, our QSAs can advise as to whether a new or partial penetration test should be completed.
Penetration testing with Liquid Networx provides you with the most current security intelligence available, visibility, training and management support. Contact our security experts for more information on bolstering your networked environment.
*PCI DSS Requirement 11.3 requires that you perform external and internal penetration testing at least once a year and after any significant infrastructure or application upgrade or modification (such as an operating system upgrade, a sub-network added to the environment, or a web server added to the environment).